Sunday, April 4, 2010

Long Lost Update


For those of you who used to get my updates, I hope this blog will have a similar function. I regret that relatively few people know what Kirsten and I have been up to since we left Chicago to begin my studies at Westminster Seminary California. Instead of writing about everything all at once, I hope to write several shorter entries in the coming weeks to gradually bring everyone up to speed.

Many of you know already, but our biggest news since we left is that Kirsten and I are expecting our first child in July, a little girl. We are amazed at this blessing and we are eagerly looking forward to her arrival (we recently picked a name but we are keeping it a secret!). With this wonderful news brings many opportunities for prayer:
-Continued health for Kirsten and the baby and a safe delivery in July
-Gainful employment for me
-Grace and wisdom as we prepare to be parents
-That our little girl will one day put her trust in Jesus Christ

I hope that future posts will be an encouragement to you and that you would keep us in your prayers.

God bless!

1 comment:

The Penneys said...

A girl!! God is gracious and amazing! We have been praying frequently for the "three" of you. Hope these last few months of pregnancy are great...